I would like to thank the Academy . . . Ummm, I mean, Wow, a big thanks to Legend in My Own Lunchbox for nominating me for a Liebster Award. I’m so thrilled and thankful for the recognition. If you had caught me on the day I got the news from Lizzie, “giddy” would have been the adjective of choice, but I’ve since calmed down and settled on the ever so distinguished descriptors of “thrilled” and “thankful”. It has also been a lot of fun seeing the rise in my Aussi audience since Lizzie and her Legend blog are in Australia.
So what exactly is the Leibster? It’s an award for smaller blogs of less than 200 followers, to point people to little-known spots of coolness on the web. There are a few rules attached to the nomination so here goes…
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
SO HERE ARE MY 11 ANSWERS
- What inspired you to start a blog? – I just started blogging on a whim as a way to give creative expression to my cooking adventures. It was also a little “me space” that I didn’t have to share with anyone else in my little family.
- What is the last book you read? – Sadly, that would be Johnny Tremain which I read along with my girls for their language arts lesson.
- Who is your favorite written character? – Madame Bovary.
- Chinese or Mexican? – Definitely Mexican.
- What is the #1 thing on your bucket list? – Make time to make a bucket list.
- Why do you live where you do? – You just can’t beat the California sunshine. Although I would gladly adopt a lifestyle of wintering in CA, autumning in Vermont, summering in France, and springing in CO.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? – A bed and breakfast owner and author.
- Beach or bush (aka surf or turf, country or coastal)? – Coastal. An ironic answer from the woman who hates sand, but I always have been a person of great paradox.
- What is your favorite song of all time? – It Is Well With My Soul
- Hot or Cold? Hot. I really can not stomach cold soup or lukewarm meals.
- Are you left or right handed? Right handed.
MY 11 RANDOM FACTS:
1. I am the “baby” of 7 kids.
2. If I could, I would move to India in a heartbeat.
3. I am anal about being on time.
4. My husband’s French accent is cute (unless we’re arguing and then it’s just plain annoying).
5. My kids all have names that “work” in French and in English. Loosely translated, that means my mother-in-law can pronounce them without too much effort.
6. I don’t sweat.
7. To this day, my Dad will tell people I went to Penn State rather than UPenn . . .ummm, significant difference there, Dad.
8. I don’t hoard, except when it comes to random sweet things created by my offspring.
9. If I could recreate myself, I would live in the 1920s.
10. If I could bottle one thing, it would be the smell of my kids when they climb in bed with me.
11. I am easily annoyed by “over talkers”
THE 11 BLOGS I HAVE NOMINATED (and yes, they are all foodie blogs):
6. Vegan Martha
10. Kitchen Bound
MY 11 QUESTIONS:
1. What is your favorite place to vacation?
2. Philosophy on technology?
3. Introvert or extrovert?
4. What colors / theme is your home decorated in?
5. What does your ideal Saturday look like?
6. Any favorite charities?
7. Last time you went outside your comfort zone?
8. Meat or veggies?
9. Greatest fear?
10. Greatest frustration with society?
11. Reason you have answered the first 10 questions?
So that’s it on the award front. Thanks again to Legend in My Own Lunchbox! No recipe today, but I have a doozey ready for your next visit.
That is awesome Tricia. I love that someone (or many) are reading your blog in Australia. This blogging thing is quite amazing-isn’t it. I learned a lot about you today- some surprises and some are just so YOU. I love you friend- keep cooking and writing!
Awe thank you!!!! That is so sweet of you to nominate me… and congrats to you!